Saturday, July 25, 2009

Prologue

In about ten hours we’ll be on the plane and in about seven on the way to the air port. As always, I’m contradictory – I’m awake!! I’m sleepy. I have reached the stage where I am torn between the excitement of going and can’t wait and the ‘I-don’t-want-to-go-anywhere’ feeling. Next comes the too tired to think about it stage, which is good. In that stage there is no worrying about things I know I’ve already dealt with: no the stove is not on, no the sunroof in the car is not open, who cares what we forgot to pack, etc.

And speaking of packing… We have, I think rather miraculously, fit ten days worth of clothing, electronics, maps, books, etc in to two backpack and one reasonably sized bag. Amazing. I am also very pleased to report that I think ~my~ bag is less full! (And I’m sure the fact that M. is a foot taller than I am, has absolutely nothing to do with this.)

Despite my scoffing at the “space bags” (I so hate to say this) they actually work. (Thank you Pam, I shouldn’t have doubted.)

Lastly, for this preliminary, test post… since apparently my readership has grown and to answer the questions already posed:

The cat whose picture is now famous for gracing this site in none other than Miss Lulu Bella Vamp, known for her straight tail, late night persistent neck nibbling, and eating like a frat boy – by throwing her kibble into the air one piece at a time and catching it…most of the time.



Necat is not a reference to either cats or cataloging. It harkens back to my pbem days (role playing by e-mail for the uninitiated). It’s Latin for he/she/it slays. Think Buffy, not Jason.

Hopefully… we well get some sleep…

Till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment